What Is Sandblasted Concrete Finish?
Sandblasted Concrete finish is the type of finish used in the cemented floor to give it a rough texture, and nowadays it is very common that people are going to opt for this finish in many conditions and it also looks beautiful as it gives a rough look and mostly this finish is used in the outdoor area of the house or building.
The sandblasted finish is the technique to create a rough cemented surface and prevent the area from becoming slippery. In some conditions, the floor made up of using cement looks bad because of stains caused due to moisture trapped in the cemented base, so to make it right or remove stains, sandblast concrete finish is done on the floor by using a machine or equipment.
We tried to give the best possible information about the sandblast concrete finish in easy language, so people would easily understand it. This article will provide you with information related to the topic and guide you on whether a sandblast concrete finish will be beneficial or not.
Sandblast finish is only done on the area made up of cement, and it’s a better option for outdoor because it is long-lasting in nature and gives an attractive look to the outer floor area of the building.
Sandblast Finish Concrete Equipment:
In sandblasting concrete finish, a compressor is required to blast concrete. A big tank in which a pipe is attached and air will blow in high pressure from the nozzle of the pipe is used for sandblasting. A particular height is used, and the process of sandblasting is done by using proper angles.
It’s simple equipment used in this process. People can find it very easily by searching “Sandblasting Concrete Finish equipment” and you will get various options according to your requirement. The equipment is easy to handle and easy to use. Engineering is too good in today’s era you will get equipment easily for your work.
Process of Sandblasting Concrete Finish:
There are types of sandblasting that would be preferred by the people, like light, medium, or high sandblasted finish, so according to that, the process will be begun. There are some points which have to be followed majorly if you are going to do sandblast concrete finish like you have to clean the area first, no heavy vehicle or things will be left in the area where the process has to be done.
Actually, sandblasting concrete is a heavy job, so if any unnecessary item will not be removed from the place then it will cause harm to the item and humans too.
There are some points which we will discuss in detail below that has to be taken care of while doing sandblasting concrete finish.
- Area Should be Empty: It is necessary to clear the area where the process is going to be done to prevent any accident.
- Proper Ventilation: The second step in the process of sandblasting is to create proper ventilation in the area because the dirt will flow as the air will blow in high pressure.
- Safety Measures: It is a very necessary step in the process because the safety of people is very necessary, so if you are going to do this then you have to wear a helmet compulsorily, and a suit that will protect you from dirt, gloves in your hands, rubber boots, and also safety ear mugs these will be prior things which you have to take for you before stepping forward to continue the process of sandblasting concrete finish.
- Service of Equipment: This is an essential factor in the process of sandblasting concrete finish because if you will use equipment which is not well working then it will cause various problems such as you will get late in finish the process, maybe it will cause harm to you, if it will not work well then you will not get the results according to your client’s desire.
- Properly Fueled Equipment: This step is also important in the process of sandblasting concrete finish that the equipment which will be used in the process is fully fueled.
- Proper Fitting: Proper fitting of the equipment’s parts is very necessary so it will work smoothly.
- Closing of Valves: Valves of the equipment must be closed and the filling will be properly filled in the tank, so that the finish will be done properly.
- Maintain length: It is necessary to join hoses and pipes in the equipment as and when required according to the need and maintain the proper height and length of the pipe.
- Patch test: The next step in the process of sandblasting concrete finish is to test patches and see the results and if any changes are required then it has to be done in this step related to material and other factors.
- Spread Finish: The next step is to spread the finish throughout the area which is left and cover it nicely.
- Brushing: The next step in the process of sandblasting concrete finishing is brushing and sweeping the floor to test the consistency of the area.
- Cleaning: When the process of sandblasting concrete finish is complete then the final step is to clean the area and vacuum the area thoroughly nicely and sweep out the waste material from the area and dispose of all the unnecessary items appropriately.
Advantages of Sandblast Finish Concrete:
There are various advantages of Sandbust Concrete Finish which are as follows:
- The materials which are used in the sandblast concrete finish are abrasive materials that give an aggressive result to the area in which the process is done.
- In the process of sandblasting concrete finish, a rough surface is given to the area, so it is fit for those surface areas which are rough in nature.
- In sandblasting concrete to finish the removal of contaminants is done very quickly and easily.
- In blasting the area no heavy machinery is required, it is an easy process that is not complex in nature.
- It gives a rough look and is mostly used in the outdoor floor of the building or house and looks good.
- In the process of sandblasting concrete finish, we can remove the stains from the floor which is made up of cement, and give it an attractive look.
- Very good option if you are looking for a rough vintage surface for your home or building.
Disadvantages of Sandblast Finish Concrete:
There are also some disadvantages of Sandblast Concrete Finish which are as follows:
- Sandblast concrete finish is not a good option if you are looking for a smooth surface area for the floor.
- Sandblast concrete finish creates a rough surface to the area on which it has to be done. We can also say that the nature of this finish is abrasive which is not for smooth surface areas.
- In the process of sandblasting concrete finish silica is used. This material “Silica” is hazardous to health and causes so many health issues and because of this, it will be banned in most countries like India.
- Sandblast concrete finish is the process in which heat is generated on an excess level which will harm health and the surface too.
- While the process of sandblasting concrete finish is going to take place that time people must have to take care of themselves and follow so many safety measures such as wearing gloves in hands, the proper suit will be worn to prevent dust, the helmet is required to cover head to prevent head injury, the mask will be properly wearing because dust will spread heavily due to high pressure of air blowing through the equipment.
Conclusion of Sandblast Finish Concrete
In this article, we studied sandblast concrete finish in detail which is used by people to give a rough surface area to the floor and we discussed in detail that how it will work, and what it means?
There are so many factors we discussed like its qualities and its drawbacks which will help people to choose the best for them and this article will also guide them to take proper decision by analyzing all the factors.