Top 10 Construction Companies in the USA
Construction is one of the largest and fastest-growing sectors contributing to the economic growth of the United States of America. The U.S. country has the second-largest market in the construction sector in the world.
The US construction market is mainly known worldwide for its high quality and advanced construction technology. The US has the top leading companies in modern construction.
These top construction companies have a bright future for careers. Working in the world’s leading Top Construction Companies is the dream and goal of every civil engineer.
Many advanced construction companies are available in America. But here is a list of the top 10 construction companies in the USA.
Also Read : What Is Superelevation? | Purpose of Superelevation | Maximum & Minimum Superelevation | Design of Superelevation | Method of Providing Superelevation to the Roads
Top 10 Construction Companies in the USA as Per Revenue
|1||Bechtel Group Inc.||$ 21.8 Billion|
|2||AECOM||$ 20.6 Billion|
|3||Fluor corporation||$ 18.7 Billion|
|4||JACOBS Engineering Group||$ 15 Billion|
|5||KIEWIT corporation||$ 12 Billion|
|6||Turner Construction||$ 11.77 Billion|
|7||Whiting-Turner Contracting Company||$ 10.3 Billion|
|8||MC Dermott International||$ 6.71 Billion|
|9||SKANSKA Construction||$ 6.5 Billion|
|10||PCL Construction||$ 6.3 Billion|
Bechtel Corporation Company is the largest construction company in the United States. The company was founded in 1906 by Warren A. Bechtel. The American Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Project Management Company was founded in San Francisco, California. The company is headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Bechtel Company is a reputed and largest construction company in the USA. It is known as the oldest construction company in the USA. Which has been working in the construction sector since last 1898.
The Bechtel company has served in more than 25,000 different projects in 160 countries around the world. The Bechtel company has provided significant services in various fields such as infrastructure, energy, petrochemicals, defense and nuclear security, and mining and metals.
Also Read : Top 10 Best Plywood Company in India
Bechtel has contributed to the construction sector in various fields. There are some projects like
- London City Airport,
- London, EnglandCrossrail,
- London, EnglandHummel Combined Cycle Power Plant,
- Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania
- The Hoover Dam,
- Clark County, Nevada
Basic Information About Bechtel
Revenue:- 21.8 Billion dollars. (As per 2019 Report)
Head office:- Virginia in the USA
AECOM is a company founded in 1990. The company is an American multinational engineering-type firm. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, USA.
AECOM company provides service in various fields. These services include archeology, architecture, and design, wealth management, construction, cost management, involvement and closure, economics, engineering, environmental services, international development, IT, and cybersecurity, among others.
Major projects are undertaken by AECOM,
- Construction of Adani Carmichael Coal Mine Rail Project
- Construction of China National Convention Center
- Construction of Langley Research Center
- Construction of Los Angeles International Airport
- Construction of World Trade Center
Basic Information About AECOM
Revenue:- 2,020 crore USD
Head office:- Los Angeles, California, USA.
Also Read : Best Cement Companies in India
#3. Jacobs Engineering Group
Jacobs Engineering was founded by Joseph J. Jacobs in 1947. The company is headquartered in Harwood, CenterDallas, Texas in the USA.
Jacobs is a leading construction company providing technical, professional, and construction services in the USA. In addition, various services such as architecture, engineering, and construction, operation, and maintenance are included.
Jacobs provides services in aerospace and technology, buildings and infrastructure, industrial and petroleum and chemicals, etc.
Basic Information About Jacobs Engineering Group
Revenue:- $ 15 Billion
Head office:- Harwood, CenterDallas, Texas in the USA.
Also Read : What Is Concrete Topping? | Purpose of Topping Slab | Type of Concrete Topping Slab | Advantages & Disadvantages of Topping Slab | Construction Process of Laying Concrete Topping
#4. Turner Construction
Turner Construction was founded by Henry Chandley Turner in 1902 in New York City.
This American construction company provides construction services in 20 countries. The company is part of a subsidiary of the German company Hochtief.
Turner Construction Company operates its services through 46 offices in the US. It provides service in 20 different countries of the world. The company works on an average of about 1,500 projects each year.
Turner construction company’s services include construction management, consulting, construction procurement, insurance, and risk management.
Basic Information About Turner Construction
Revenue:- $ 11.77 Billion
Head office:- New York City in the USA.
Also Read : What Is Concrete Mix Ratio? | Type of Concrete Mix Ratio | Factor Affecting of Concrete Mix Ratio
Kiewit Corporation is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Which was founded in 1884. It is the largest construction and engineering company in North America.
Kiewit Corporation specializes in services in various fields such as engineering, procurement, land improvement, and deep foundations. In addition, the company provides services in various fields including infrastructure, mining, power, chemicals, transportation, wastewater management, etc.
Basic Information About Kiewit Corporation
Revenue:- $ 12 Billion
Head office:- Omaha, Nebraska.
Also Read : Light weight Concrete | Properties of Lightweight Concrete | Type of Lightweight Concrete | Uses of Lightweight Concrete
#6. Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
White-Turner was founded in 1909 by Whiting and LeBron Turner. The company is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
White-Turner Contract Company provides services in the areas of construction management, general contracting, and design/build. The company mainly works on large commercial, institutional, and even infrastructure projects in the US.
In past and present projects U.S. Serves in Army, AT&T, General Motors and Texas A&M University, etc. White-Turner Contracting Company is managed by more than 30 offices in the US.
In addition, the company offers projects such as biotech cleanrooms, theme parks, historical restorations, senior accommodation, educational facilities, stadiums, and corporate headquarters.
Basic Information About White-Turner Contract Company
Revenue:- $ 10.3 Billion
Head office:- Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
Also Read : What Is Salt Finish Concrete? | Specification of Salt Finish Concrete | Process of Salt Finish Concrete
#7. SKANSKA Construction
The company was founded in 1887 by Rudolf Friedrich Berg. The company is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
The company is the fifth-largest construction company in the world in the list provided by Construction Global Magazine.
The company’s various projects include the renovation of the United Nations Headquarters, the World Trade Center Transportation Hub project, Moynihan Train Hall, 30 St Mary Ax, MetLife Stadium, Mater Dei Hospital.
Basic Information About Skanska Construction
Revenue:- $ 6.5 Billion
Head office:- Stockholm, Sweden.
Also Read : What Is Floating Slab? | Purpose of Floating Slab | Construction of Floating Slab | Advantage & Disadvantage of Floating Slab
#8. PCL Construction
The company was founded in 1906 by James Martin and Ernest Edward Poole as Martin and Poole Construction.
Poole Construction Company Limited was formed by Poole in 1913. Then in 1979 Pool Construction Company Limited changed its name to PCL Construction Ltd. Was done.
Basic Information About PCL Construction
Revenue:- $ 6.3 Billion
Head office:- Denver, Colorado in the USA.
#9. Fluor Corporation
The company was founded by John Simon Fluor in 1912 in Santa Ana, California. Fluor Corporation is an American multinational engineering and construction type company. Its headquartered in Irving, Texas.
The company provides services in various fields such as oil and gas, industrial and infrastructure, government and power, etc.
Floor ranks 164th on Fortune’s list of 500 companies based on the year 2019. The company has offices in 25 different countries.
The company prides itself on building an 800-mile trans-Alaska pipeline system in Alaska. Some time ago, this company was the largest manufacturer of floating berths and the largest prefabricated pipeline in the world. He was the first U.S. automaker. BMW has provided design and construction management services for the plant.
Basic Information About Fluor Corporation
Revenue:- $ 18.7 Billion
Head office:- Irving, Texas in the USA.
Also Read : What Is a Cantilever Bridge? | Type of Cantilever Bridges | Advantages & Disadvantages of Cantilever Bridge
#10. MC Dermott International
The company was founded in 1923 by Ralph Thomas McDermott.
McDermott International Company is an American, Panamanian-colonial multinational providing a variety of services such as engineering, procurement, construction, and installation. The company operates in the Americas, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, and the Pacific Rim. The company is headquartered in the Energy Corridor in Houston, Texas. Some projects in various projects of this company.
- AES LNG Import Terminal in Duarte, Dominican Republic
- Gorgon LNG in Barrow Island, W.A., Australia
- Ichthys LNG Project in Northern Browse Basin, Western Australia
- LNG Storage Facility for E.G. LNG Train 1 in Bioko Island, Equatorial Guinea
Basic Information About Mc Dermott International
Revenue:- $ 6.71 Billion
Head office:- Houston, Texas, United States.
Also Read : What Is Monolithic Slab? | Application of Monolithic Slab | How to Prepare Monolithic Slab Foundation? | Advantages & Disadvantagesof Monolithic Slab
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Suggested Read –
- What Is Concrete Frame? | What Is Precast Concrete Frames? | The Components of Concrete Framed Structures | Advantage & Disadvantage of Concrete Framed Structure
- What Is a Cantilever Bridge? | Type of Cantilever Bridges | Advantages & Disadvantages of Cantilever Bridge
- What Is Bridge Abutment? | Uses of Bridge Abutment | Components of Bridge Abutment | Type of Abutment
- What Is Cedar Wood? | Uses of Cedarwood | Type of Cedarwood | Advantage & Disadvantageof Cedarwood
- What Is Salt Finish Concrete? | Specification of Salt Finish Concrete | Process of Salt Finish Concrete
Top 10 Construction Companies in USA
- Bechtel Group Inc.
- Fluor corporation
- JACOBS Engineering Group
- KIEWIT corporation
- Turner Construction
- Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- SKANSKA Construction
- PCL Construction
- STO Building Group Inc
List of Construction Companies in USA
- Bechtel, $17.6B revenue, founded 1898
- Balfour Beatty US, $5.0B revenue, founded 1933
- EMCOR, $8.8B revenue, founded 1994
- Fluor, $15.6B revenue, founded 1912
- Tutor Perini, $5.3B revenue, founded 1894
- Whiting-Turner, $9.2B revenue, founded 1909
- Turner, $6.9B revenue, founded 1902
- Gilbane, $6.5B revenue, founded 1870
- DPR Construction, $6.8B revenue, founded 1990
- Hensel Phelps, $5.9B revenue, founded 1937
- Walsh Group, $5.4B revenue, founded 1983
- JE Dunn Construction, $4.1B revenue, founded 1924
- Boldt, $1.2B revenue, founded 1889
- Swinerton, $5.0B revenue, founded 1888
- McCarthy Building Companies, $4.8B revenue, founded 1864
- Granite Construction, $3.5B revenue, founded 1922
- Holder Construction Group, $4.0B revenue, founded 1960
- Brasfield & Gorrie, $4.0B revenue, founded 1964
- Clayco, $3.8B revenue, founded 1984
- Alberici, $2.6B revenue, founded 1918
- Crossland Construction Company, $1.0B revenue, founded 1977
- Black & Veatch, $3.0B revenue, founded 1915
- Henkels & McCoy, $2.8B revenue, founded 1923
- KCI, $1.1B revenue, founded 1955
- TDIndustries, $1.4B revenue, founded 1946
- Barton Malow, $2.4B revenue, founded 1924
- Kokosing Construction Company, $2.2B revenue, founded 1951
- TIC, $1.8B revenue, founded 1974
- Webcor Construction, $1.5B revenue, founded 1971
- TDIndustries, $1.4B revenue, founded 1946