How Much Does a New Garage Door Cost?
The garage door is one of the first things you notice about a home. A new garage door costs $1,189, but the price can be anywhere from $751 to $1,636 depending on the size, style, and type of door. The cost of installing a garage door will depend on a number of things, like how wide the door is, what material you use, and where you live.
How Much Does Garage Door Installation Cost?
Garages are convenient for homeowners because they can be used for parking cars, storing things, or all three. Making sure your garage door works is very important if you want to get the most use out of your garage. The average cost of installing a garage door, including labour, is around $1,200. The exact price will depend on the size and location of the door.
New Garage Door Cost
|Door Design||Average Cost|
How Much Does a Garage Door Cost?
The cost of a garage door depends on a number of things. These can be anything from labour and supplies to the location of the business. Here are some of the most common things that affect the cost.
1. Garage Door Size
Single or double door: The more expensive your garage door will be, the larger it is.
The wide range of costs is due to the different prices of the materials. Here are the most common sizes and how much they usually cost:
|Single-Car Garage Door||8’ x 7’||$400 to $900|
|Double-Car Garage Door||16’ x 7’||$650 to $3,600|
2. Number of Garage Doors
The cost increases with the number of doors. Single garage doors that cover the entire width of the garage entrance are usually the cheapest option. A custom garage door will cost the very expensive.
|Single Door||$600 to $1,500|
|Double Door||$800 to $3,500|
|Custom Door||Over $1,000|
3. Garage Door Type
The garage categorized is by how to open and close the door. Any additional hardware may need to be installed in the door material, it has a big impact on the final cost of a certain type of garage door. Here are some common types of garage doors with a rough estimate of how each will cost.
- Sectional Door: A sectional door is made up of horizontal pieces that are hinged together and roll up along the ceiling of the garage. Sectional garage door, they start at about $700.
- Single Panel Door: A single-piece garage door slides up above the car when it’s opened. These don’t bend or curve like a sectional door does. Installing a single-panel door costs the least, starting at about $400.
- A Swing-Out Door: A swing-out door is usually made of two pieces that open like regular doors. A sliding door, on the other hand, slides open and rests against the garage walls when it’s open.A swing-out door start at around $1,000.
- Roll-Up Garage Doors: Roll-Up garage doors roll up just above the entrance, like a window blind. They don’t cover the whole ceiling. Roll-Up garage doors cost start at around $650, but the labour cost is high.
4. Garage Door Material Types
The most important factor in how much it costs to install a door is its material. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so choose the one that works best for you. Here are six of the most common garage door materials, along with a brief description of the cost based on the 8′ x 7′ garage door material.
- Metal Garage Door: A steel garage door can cost an average of between $450 and $1,500. Steel garage door is the most common and durable material. However, it can corrode in humid environments. Aluminum doors are more expensive. Aluminum garage doors cost between $500 and $2,000, but they don’t rust, are lighter and better insulated. However, metal doors are also susceptible to denting.
- Composite garage doors: Composite garage doors can cost between $750 and $1,600. They are a good alternative to wood that does not require much care. This type of door can resist heat. It’s hard to break.
- Fiberglass and Vinyl Garage Doors: Fiberglass and vinyl garage doors can cost between $800 and $2,000. This type of door is easy to care for and can look like wood. They last a long time, but can break or become damaged at high or low temperatures.
- Wooden Door: Wooden doors are strong and beautiful. But if you want garage door to look its best then you need to take care of it. All wooden doors are expensive. Therefore, wooden doors cost more than $1,000.
- Glass Door: Tempered glass over an aluminum or wood frame makes a beautiful garage door. It is especially used for abundant natural light. But they are very heavy and do not retain heat. It can cost between $750 and $1,600 for composite doors.
|Glass||$750 – $1,600|
Garage Door Repair Cost
|Garage Door Opener Repair||$75–$300|
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Garage Door?
Garage door replacement costs can range from $751 to $1,636. Brand new garage doors for up to $4,000.
Choosing a garage door is a crucial factor. Start by looking at Home Depot or Lowe’s garage doors to see what kind of installation kits are available. Even a simple style like a single-panel door can be too difficult for a DIYer to handle on their own. Even a professional cannot install a new garage door by himself.
Be aware that the springs that move the door up and down are under a lot of pressure. A garage door should be installed carefully to avoid damaging it.
Due to the weight, size and complexity of garage door systems, it is important to leave the heavy lifting to the experts. They know how to deal with large garage doors and how to install them safely. Sectional garage doors require extra care to ensure that the wires, pulleys, wheels and chains all work together. If they don’t, the panel won’t roll as well and the door will warp.
The cost of replacing a garage door depends largely on labor and materials. Most homeowners get an 85% return on their investment when they hire a professional garage door installation company.
|Garage Size||Average Cost|